Development of refrigeration production in Niedersachswerfen
(with special reference to ice cream machines manufacturing)
A review of Joachim Meyer and Klaus amount
Niedersachswerfen is next to the cities of Nordhausen, Bleicherode and Ellrich with 3470 Inhabitants, the largest town in the district of Nordhausen. The village lies on a nearly 30 Meter thick gravel bed of the rivers and Bere Zorge. He is from the mountains of Vorharzes (Kohnstein formerly 340 m, Mühlberg 315 m, Kirchberg and Hardt both to 260 m) surround. The municipality is the first time in a document dated 1208 stated. Reported in this document, that the monastery Ilfeld a "house" (Court) in Saxwerfe (former name) sale purchases. However, it is to take, that the place was for many years before that date, as a community.
The inhabitants were subject Sachs throwing the Hohnsteiner Count. During the Seven Years' War (1756 – 1763) were in 1757 about 2500 French quartered in place. The residents had to suffer under the occupation, as soldiers controlled the life of the village. The items related to French people shouted with "Arrez" to, "stop" which means means. The "Arrez" needs of the large number of soldiers very often be heard, so this command after withdrawal of the French became a nickname for the citizens of Niedersachswerfen, which has survived to this day. Survived that Sachs throw these very turbulent times, is among others the persistent hard work of its inhabitants due to. Besides agriculture, the very early beginnings of an industry to find.
For instance, even 1368 called on some Kalkröstereien Kohnstein, 1728-1768 Was built at Mühlberg from copper and smelted it. In the 17. and 18. Century were hand carvings of alabaster famous. Also there were several centuries ago brickyards, an oil mill and a brewery in town. Notes on the industry finds itself ansiedelnde again in the arms of the municipality Niedersachswerfen.
On the basis of in 19. Century increasingly spreading gypsum industry and the rapidly developing agriculture decided about a year 1853 born in Niedersachswerfen blacksmith Christian Wilhelm Hoffmann, in the old, abandoned 74 (Today Rudolf Breitscheid road 29), to open a blacksmith shop. The company specialized in shoeing, and the construction and repair of carts, Push carts and farm implements. From the originally constructed forge then evolved under the guidance of his 1861 born son ...